Organize your trip
• Brazilians: valid ID document with photo
• Foreigners: temporary visas (applications should be made at the Brazilian consulates and embassies abroad.)
Types of visas
• Transit: when in a trip between the country of origin and another one, can leave the airport transit area. Stay of up to ten days, which can’t be extended.
• Tourist: recreational trip, without migratory purposes. Stays of a maximum of ninety days; valid for five years, depending on the reciprocity. Visa can’t be changed to another type of visa. Working is forbidden.
• Cultural or studies: for researchers, lecturers, among others. Valid for a maximum of 2 years, can be extended for an equal period of time.
• Business: professionals traveling on business, without the intention of migrating. Stays of a maximum of ninety days per year, depending on the reciprocity, validity may be of up to five years.
• Artists and athletes: professionals that come to Brazil to participate in shows or sport events, without employment relationships in the country. Valid for a maximum of ninety days that can be extended at the Federal Police Department, before expiration date.
• Students: of regular courses (elementary, Junior high and high school, university courses, post graduation and others). Working is forbidden, under the penalty of fine, notification or deportation. Valid for one year.
• Journalists: newspaper, magazine, radio or TV channel foreigner correspondent, whose remuneration comes from abroad and not from a Brazilian company. Valid for a maximum of four years, can be extended for an equal period of time.
• Work: foreigners that come to Brazil to work with Brazilian companies. The work permit is a responsibility of the Ministry of Work and Employment and is necessary for the visa. Valid for up to two years, can be extended for an equal period of time.
• Religious mission: with attributions of religious minister or member of a religious order or congregation. Valid for one year, can be extended for an equal period of time.
Health and Security
Brazilian visitors are covered by the National Security System. Foreigners need to acquire health insurance in their country of origin, with international coverage.
Tropical climate with high and medium temperatures that generally surpass 26°C.
From 8:00am to 6:00pm, except shopping centers that are open from 9:00am to 10:00pm and supermarkets, some are open 24h and others have different business hours.
|meter (m)||kilogram (kg)|
|110 V||220 V|