Laje

According to the popular tradition, a flood that diverted the course of Jiquiriçá River caused a massive destruction in a settlement located by the right margin. After this, the inhabitants built a chapel to honor Our Lady of Dores in a spot by the left margin and below Estouro Waterfall in order to be protected from the periodical floods. Because of the existence of huge flagstones in the area, the settlement was called Nova Laje (New Flagstone). The settlement became officially a city in 1938.

 


Outras Informações

  • Características
  • Artesanato
  • Gastronomia
  • Manifestações Culturais
  • Como Chegar
Bahia.com.br
Copyleft 2019